Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Poor evening habits

Perhaps it's necessary to engage in lengthy baking activities late in the evening before work the next day. Maybe there are bake-off's or other holiday company festivities to attend. We understand. Happens all the time here. Back when our sub-minimum wage employees were still gainfully "employed" and palliated by our mounds and mounds of illicit healthcare, their incessant munchies led to frequent unofficial, muncie-initiated cake parties. As "boss", I've often made monkey cake. You might think that after that last time, I've learned my lesson. And I have! This time, it turned out a bit more like the photo on the bottom. Success!

This isn't about the usual unbridled success experienced every day, all the time by us here at superimportant though. This is another cautionary tale for you. Since we know you're now probably too smart to bake drunk, on the verge of passing out, this is more of a suggestion on a restful sleep.

Restful sleep is important to enjoy the next day's bake-off and be alert enough to bribe the judges to vote for your entry. One way to avoid restful sleep is to indulge in bits and pieces of your baking during the process. That leads to nightmares. Even if it doesn't, you'd be an idiot to watch a really brutal horror movie while your entry is in the oven. Let's say you've got three choices of ways to pass the time via Netflix A) Oscar Winning Sean Penn movie "Milk" B) Rob Zombie's remake of the classic John Carpenter film "Halloween" C) Something called "Dear Zachary.

I don't care what you do, don't choose B) "Halloween". No. Seriously. Don't do it. What the fuck. It's engineered to scare the fuck out of you and give you nightmares if you watch it IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. But that shit's going to embed itself into your brain if you watch it all sugared up at 1am. No, seriously. You will not sleep well. Trust me. You're going to have fucking nightmares and wake up in cold sweats. It's really going to be quite terrible. Don't fucking do it. Milk or Dear Zachary might make you freakin' cry like a baby, but at least they won't make you involuntarily pee your pants in the middle of the night.

So there you go. Merry Christmas again. Don't say we never get anything for you.

15 comments:

Priis Moraes Melo said...

thats so beauty.
I'm new here. :)
kisses. :*

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog. I'll definitely be following.

Feel free to check out mine. I think you'd especially love it.

http://theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com/

Mentally Incontinent said...

I think that ranks up there with "never fry bacon while you're naked." I worked on my first haggis while rip-roaring drunk at one in the morning. The problem with haggis is that you can't really tell if it's the result of a jacked-up mind trip or if it's supposed to look like that.

Also, these folks came up on my radar a few years ago. Yet another reminder not to bake while watching horror flicks.
http://www.doitmyself.org/2003/10/thorax-cake.html

Lisa said...

Hello, Just bloghopping. Great blog!

Be Well :)

Josef Mengele said...

Baking needs time, it's a fact!
Just like the fact that my page is pretty awesome, even if I do say so myself (and statistically!!), come see it for y'all self

All the best superimportant
:)

Anonymous said...

&hearts

Chloe and Krystle rule ♥ said...

chloe:our blog is not irrelivent it is cool
Krystle: its long blogs like this that lose my attension lol sorry but *sadface* thummbsdown ☺

Car Audio Stereo said...

I liked your work, I will wait for your next post. Thanks!

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Silfide said...

hi!! vaya... I spent part of the morning digging into your blog, is so absorbing, I love it! u really have a very beautiful way of writing, I hope you post something soon ... from Venezuela sent you my heartiest greetings. :)

Anonymous said...

Please see! money as debt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8

ZEITGEIST: ADDENDUM

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

project camelot magnetic motor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkgyY47duCM

Important please pass forward

JK said...

nice...visit me at johorkia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey! You gotta really great blog. I think you should promote it. You can get more traffic. Try this! http://getmortraffic.com

Green Tea said...

Great Blog, Keep it Going !

electric massager said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!