Monday, December 14, 2009

All I wanted was a box of cheez-its, and I ended up with all this damn PRODUCE.

Which brings me to my next point. Amidst the leeks, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes, onions and spinach deliciously dropped into my basket under delusions of omelettes, fritattas or maybe chunky homemade spaghetti sauce, were a pair of apples and a bunch of bananas. The bananas were just about ripe enough - maybe ready even as early as tomorrow morning - to slice up on top of Honey Bunches of Oats, and the Gala apples were delicious. That's right, juicy and delicious. The last time I had a piece of fruit was ... like just now.

This bodes ill for the future of www.lasttimeihadapieceoffruit.com, but the entire point of the brilliant blog idea was for one of YOU guys to pick it up & run with it, and since that clearly hasn't happened, I suppose it's necessary to take the ball back into my own court. This won't stop my dogged enterprise of idea propogation though. I promise you, my faithful readers, that superimportant will henceforth return to the fount of inspiration, motivation and elucidation it was always intended to be.



For those of you dismayed over the clear failure of lasttimeIhadapieceofFruit.com, I just want to let you know that all I had for dinner was that apple and half a box of cheez-its. That should be a comforting thought for just about anything.

No comments: